Know Your Legal Options After Being Injured By A Defective Product
We each face dangers on a daily basis, most of which are expected and very manageable – crossing the street, for instance. But every year, countless Texans are injured (or worse) by an unexpected source of danger: the products they buy.
At Dobbs & Porter, our product liability attorneys represent clients who have suffered injuries or lost a loved one to dangerous and defective consumer products. We can help you seek full and fair compensation for damages like medical bills, lost wages, disfigurement, disability and even the wrongful death of a family member.
What Makes A Product Unreasonably Hazardous?
There is seemingly no limit to the specific way in which products may be dangerous/defective. However, most product liability cases allege that a product was unreasonably dangerous due to a defect in its design, a problem with how it was manufactured, or issues with the company’s communication with buyers (marketing, instructions and warnings).
Here are some hypothetical examples that might lead to a product liability lawsuit:
- A children’s bicycle that falls apart due to defective welds in the frame
- Automobile airbags that are triggered too easily and inflate with too much force
- A patio grill that is prone to tipping over during use because its base is too narrow by design
- Prescription drugs that fail to warn of serious risks and side effects, which were known to the pharmaceutical manufacturer
- Power tools with batteries that can overheat and catch fire during regular use
- Industrial chemicals that emit harmful vapors but carry no warning that they need to be used only in a well-ventilated area
Cases like these often require significant investigation and research, testimony from expert witnesses and a willingness to take on large and powerful companies. Our legal team includes an attorney who is board-certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, and we regularly go head-to-head with insurers and other well-funded opponents on behalf of our clients.
Free Consultations And No Fees Unless We Win
Based in Tyler, Dobbs & Porter serves clients throughout East Texas. We are pleased to offer free initial consultations, and we take all personal injury cases on contingency. That means you don’t pay any legal fees unless and until we help you recover money in a jury award or settlement.
To discuss your options with one of our caring and attentive lawyers, call us at 903-310-1433 or send us a message online.